When looking for ways to utilize the leftover almond pulp from homemade almond milk, I knew that I wanted to create a snack that was energy packed and full of nutrients!
And alas, the Almond Energy Bites were born! They are quick, easy to make, super tasty, healthy, and give you tons of energy for the day! They really are the perfect snack or on-the-go breakfast when you need an extra boost of energy.
In fact, whenever I’m in a rush to leave for work, I grab two of these bites to-go and they seem to sustain me for the same amount of time as a bowl of oatmeal does.
Serving size: 12
- 1 cup almond pulp (can sub w/ ground flaxseed)
- ⅓ + ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup dry oats
- ¼ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl
- Roll mixture into balls (about 2 Tbsp of mixture per ball/bite)
- Place in a container in freezer for 3-4 hours
- Either keep in freezer or store in airtight container in fridge