Okay, people. These chickpea cookies are seriously to die for. I have literally eaten like 6 of these in one sitting (oops).
These cookies are soft, moist, packed with protein, and naturally gluten-free and vegan! The main ingredient in these babies are chickpeas, so there is no need for any flour or eggs, yet still taste like a real chocolate chip cookie!
As if this dessert couldn’t get any better… making the dough is extremely easy and only requires a small blender!
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Drain can of chickpeas
- Add all ingredients to a blender (minus the chocolate chips) and blend on medium speed for 1 minute
- Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in chocolate chips
- On a baking sheet, scoop out 1 inch sized dough pieces and roll into a ball, then flatten with your finger
- Bake for 10 minutes
If dough seems too thin, pop them into the freezer for 20 minutes before scooping onto the baking sheet.