While traveling around New Zealand and Australia, I had to make a lot of meals while going from one place to the next.
I didn’t want to carry around a bunch of things with me while traveling so I tried to make meals that required minimal ingredients, while also remaining tasty and healthy!
And alas, my easy vegan red Thai curry was born!
This dish is made with less than 10 ingredients, and is super filling, healthy, warm, creamy, and extremely easy to make!
So if you are looking for an easy peasy delicious plant-based meal then grab the recipe below and try it out!
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced into discs
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 bunches of bok choy, chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Red Thai Curry paste
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1/4-1/3 cup water or veggie broth
- 1 cup white rice
- Cook rice according to package instructions and set aside
- In a deep pan, saute onion until lightly browned, then mix in red curry paste
- Add in broccoli, carrot, coconut milk, and water, and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add in bok choy last and let simmer for 2-3 more minutes
- Serve warm over white rice
Some other veggies I like to add to curry: potato, cauliflower, tofu, baby corn, snow peas! Really whatever variation of veggies you desire!
The great thing about this dish is that it can be made a variety of ways depending on the vegetables you want to add. As noted above, there are tons of other ingredients you can use for curries.
My favorite combo is the one in this recipe, but I also love adding potato and tofu for an even more filling curry, or baby corn and snow peas for a different flavor and texture.
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!